In light of the current outbreak of Coronavirus COVID-19 and the likely increase in the number of cases, we would like to ask you please to stay aware of the latest guidelines to reduce the speed and extent of the spread of the infection.
Please ensure you closely follow the current government advice at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
There is no evidence of animals becoming unwell or transmitting the human COVID-19 strain. COVID-19 poses minimal risk to the majority of the population. However, we are introducing some basic measures in the interests of the wellbeing of our clients, their pets and our colleagues:
- We have had some further guidance from our governing body the RCVS – Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons along with the British Veterinary Association and are now able to give further advice to our clients.
We continue to remain open for our clients but for the safety of everyone involved have to follow strict rules. Our team will insist on strict social distancing measures at all times.
We have had to reduce the number of staff at the practice to ensure that we protect those members of our teams that are vulnerable or are shielding others so ask that the phone lines be kept free when possible.
- We find emails to be a great way for communication We will aim to reply within 24 hours. Normally we are much quicker than that.
- Do not arrive at the surgery without prior arrangement. When you arrive at the practice please call from the car park and one of our team members will come out to see you.
- For non routine or emergency, consultations call the practice as normal. We will discuss the case with you and decide about the best course of action.
- All adult vaccination boosters Had to be temporarily delayed. We are happy to say that in accordance with the BVA and RVC advice we have now selectively started to take bookings for vaccinations and some routine procedures.
- Puppies due for the 1st and 2nd vaccination are welcome.
- Repeat prescriptions for long term medication: Please email in your requests wherever possible. The prescriptions will need to be paid for over the phone and then a no contact collection or postage/delivery option can be arranged.
- Flea and worm products: If you have run out please email in your requests. We will need to take payment over the phone and a collection or postage/delivery option can be arranged.
- We are now able to offer video and telephone consultations with the vet when appropriate.
- Pet health Plan Members – 6 month vet checks are continuing as normal via video/telephone consultation.